PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2017, 16:15
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Brian

I find his attitude to WW2 hero Danny appalling.
I don't really care if he is the future King of England! You cannot discriminate on the grounds of gender even if you have offered your very best to the country in service; not a valid exemption. It is against the Law to discriminate on grounds of gender as stated in the Equality Act 2010 and all of the Acts that preceded it.

Not wanting to single out one particular individual for the horrific comments I've read on here, I find it staggering that 99 years after we gave women over 30 the vote in the UK we are still having to support them against this type of discrimination. Any of you with working wives and daughters will realise that we still have some way to go yet in certain areas - some of the comments on this forum serve to prove this. Misogyny is still alive and well in small pockets of mainly older privileged males in the UK - my wife who earns a six-figure salary in business has to put up with it on a daily basis. So it's not "holier than thou" it's just wrong legally, morally and as a gentleman/officer I find it abhorrent to find attitudes to this recent announcement by CAS and the SofS still exist in our society.

As for "freedom of speech" - again, it is not acceptable to be derogatory about gender, just as it isn't for sexuality, disability or race. Sorry, thems the rules!!

Anyway, great post Mahogany Bomber.

LJ