PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2017, 11:47
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT 5
Aa a public company as I have said before the shareholders come first and they have been reasonably well looked after.

Hm? I understand you "can't buck the market", but the share price performance has been scary, and yet attracted so little comment in general financial pages. Jan 2015 share price >£19. Nov 2015 record results announced and share price dilutes to >£17. Early 2016 it drifts further to >£14. After the Brexit vote it dives to >£10. So in 12 months the share value reduced 20-25% on the back of record profits and an expanding a/c order; all while fuel price was holding at record lows and £/$/€ was still strong. After the Brexit vote further decline might not be unusual, but it still shows an 85% share dive in 18months during a period of high profits and declared expansion plans.
OK, it has recovered recently back to >£14, but it doesn't explain the crash of 2015/16.
Goes back to the Manager - Leadership bit............. City investors are not fools. CMC steadied the ship but

In 2010 WW put planes in the air and told UK Govt they would be falling from sky if they were refused permission to land during Iceland Volcano issue. That's Leadership and accepring full responsibility for what is going to happen.

MOL quite happy to go into bat against any Govt / Body. He wins more than he loses but you know he will still put his nuts in the vice if required.

I see nothing in that in CMC in being willing to put head on the chopping block. Easyjet will talk of private discussions with Govts etc etc. but that is it. Stelios was a leader.