PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I vote ".For" the Rule Change?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2017, 05:27
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to look up Domestos as I did not get the reference. Very funny!

I do not think it is going to matter how you vote because the company is going to do whatever it wants to or needs to. This will include new contracts. There will be more redundancies coming with the closing of European freighter bases which will solve some crewing issues.

We think we have a say in "Time To Win" or anything but we really do not. We never have, we never will. TTW is not for us. It's a silly strategy to stop the stock from plummeting as the airline has lost it's standing in the arena. What I am saying is it is Time To Leave. It is not a career airline any more. A lot more realize this every day.

The airline has, for some time, always abrogated any contracts they sign. Any new "deal" will be worthless. I believe this is why the last one was voted down plus the threats again. It just angered them when we said no and then went into CC.

What's happened is the AOA has lost focus and now seem to be chasing their tails. It was supposed to be only about Rostering and now negotiations cover everything. I was so against the GFBA and RA because I knew it was a trick all along. Where did it get us.

Some bullet points to what I see coming;

.Freighters start to migrate to AHK. You can go or stay but with new contracts.
.Some can go to A350/330 but you will sign a new contract. Anyone remember how they forced people onto COS 08?
.ARAPA will be cancelled with a new contract with an allowance. Keep in mind the tax implications.
.If you are on COS99, you can go.
.CMP will not work as we simply do not have enough crews to make it work. Similarly to the money spent on EFB and Ipads. Anyone read the latest Flight Ops news letter, NO I Pads! How much money has MH cost this company now but he's still a GM, shocking really.
.The company will "Right size" the airline if it needs to.
.All of this will cost more money and will lead to the eventual demise of the airline. I give it within two to three years.

You should honestly be getting your house in order as this place cannot last long. It's become really bad. Rostering is at an all time low and the only reason the wobbly wheels stay ON the bus is we keep showing up for work. It cannot work like this. It is do to fail.

Swire will lose nothing. The slots are the real value. The airline isn't worth much. The freighter operation and terminal are worth something perhaps. FedEx or UPS would love to have it. Hainan group will probably offer something for the airline and it will be sold in pieces. Others will complain about competition and will get some scraps.

The last thing is Hong Kong is being overrun now by China. Anyone see the show of power with the Navy ships recently. Anyone watching the news, reading the papers, walking the streets. I see in about two years, tanks rolling down the strasse and another Tiananmen Square coming.

What is your health, mental and otherwise worth to you? I wonder what the three freighter pilots we lost last year would have said.

And if you think it's difficult joining the company, wait until you try to leave.

All the best. TV-OUT!