PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JETGO from Wollongong
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2017, 04:16
pull-up-terrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chimbu warrior
Wise words indeed.

Southbank Aviation couldn't make this work with a C421 35 years ago, when BHP were booming and their head office was in Melbourne.

Am I the only one who thinks that there does not appear to be a solid business plan behind some of these route proposals?
Just from my anecdotal evidence, the demographics of Illawarra and the Shoalhaven area have drastically changed in the last 5-10 years. There are lots of people in their late 20's and early 30's moving to Wollongong and commuting to Sydney for work as well as cashed up retirees in their 50's and 60's selling up in Sydney and moving south because property prices are less than half the price of Sydney. Not only that, developers are building large land subdivisions and apartments like crazy in the Illawarra too. The population is growing big time.

As long as Jetgo sell the flights at a price that works out to be similar to catching a flight from Sydney (including travel costs to get to Sydney airport), I reckon flights from Wollongong may succeed this time.

Last edited by pull-up-terrain; 16th Jul 2017 at 04:32.