PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2017, 23:28
Icare9

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, War brings out the worst, but can we distinguish between then and now please?
I'm as enthralled by WW2 exploits as the rest of us here, but let's stop at modern "politics" and the IMF.
Personally, I think that, with the UK (that's all of it, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) having decided last year that "enough is enough" to come out of the EU, then anyone talking down the UK from that moment on is as guilty of treason as Guy Fawkes.
The UK voters said "Out" so let's do that with the maximum efficiency and the minimum of animosity.
Back on topic: Prosper de Zitter and the rest were collaborators of the worst kind and deserved their fate. That hundreds of Belgian, Dutch and French resistants paid with their lives for assisting escapers or the downfall of the 3rd Reich should be honoured.
Yes, there was ambiguity with the French in WW2; a proud Nation humbled, having been bled dry of the best in WW1 it had little left, but many continued the fight, tentatively at first but with growing confidence until Sept 1944.
I;m no eloquent speaker, WW2 should not have happened, had the Allies been less punitive with reparations and more punitive against burgeoning Germanic pride and Hitler, but it happened.