PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2017, 18:56
Dreamliner_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
Just to point out, the onus is not on the airport to advertise, it's completely on the airline.

However, I'd agree that Shannon has appeared to do nothing to maintain the service, something that I'm quite disappointed with. I'm also surprised at the length of the winter cut.
Completely agree - an airports marketing of a route will never be the deciding factor on whether a route works or not - airports aren't tourism promoters they are essentially a bus stop - tourism Ireland is the vehicle for promoting the route in the US - airports have enough to do to secure the carrier and the route which is a huge financial investment initially I suspect and in addition get the operational aspects right - in addition the route is a very nature route so shouldn't need any real support from Shannon - no matter if Shannon threw a million at the route by way of marketing it's the airlines marketing efforts and yield management that decides a route and of course the most important factor of all the market demand

How do you know Shannon did nothing ? I would have thought behind the scenes they did everything they could to preserve the winter service ??