PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Airways (HELP)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 22:04
Scampiboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its always depressing to read the comments that some of your are making. GB Airways does work its cabin crew like pack mules but if you choose to stay in this industry post 9/11 then you have to expect changes have to be made to make an airline profitable and those of you complaining should be thankful that you are have not and are not likely to be aquainted with the DSS queue in Crawley.

As I have said I think GB Airways cabin crew are some of the best in the industry but it is also home to some of the worst and they are usually the ones who sit on there arses in the rear galleys complaining about how bad everything is. Look around guys......be grateful your not working for an airline that is struggling financially. I think if you stop and think about it the attitude you adopt is just naive. We all know how ****e and petty C srves are but lets face it they hardly shape the company.

Bag searches, why? You know why. Its because the company are losing thousands of pounds a month in lost stock. Yes some of it no ddoubt goes missing at bond but as ex crew Iknow that there are a great number of crew who every flight steal items from the bar. Im sure the ones who are complaining are regularly swopping used up touche eclait pens for new ones...........taking items out the bar and leaving the boxes behind in the hope that it will take a couple of flights to detect. Why object to bag searchs if you hav nothing to hide.

IFE. GB Airways cannot offer IFE on any route under 3 hours in length due to franchise constrictions. It can however offer them on the TFS flight etc but has to purchase entertainments licence for them. This cost $300,000 per aircraft per year then the cost of purchasing the programs. Unfortunately the IFE package was purchased as part of the order and is supplied as standard by Airbus and the is only ONE supplier of entertainments packages compatable with the system supplied and as you can imagine its expensive. Yes the lack of IFE is a cost issue but as you can see its a huge cost. Will you for-go more crew and accept more cut backs in order to accommodate these cost.........i think not.

There are so many more areas you have got all hot under the collar about andd your facts are so wrong.............instead of complaining how about you make a carreer change of you are that unhappy. Things have changed permanently now with the industry if you dont like it the leave.