PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2017, 18:54
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Oberon - I tell you what I'll pitch your 3 best male gymnasts against the 3 best female gymnasts on the beam and the floor exercises and see how they do. The fact is Venus Williams and any female tennis professional could probably wipe the floor with 99% of the male population in a game. Pitching your 3 best males from the world against Ms Williams just shows how blinkered you are.

Brian48Nav - no respect for disrespectful attitudes to female rights and misogyny regardless of age. Thank goodness that this is slowly becoming a practice reserved for the very small minority.

There should be no role that is not open to any gender, age, religion or race - it must be competency based but if you make the grade then you should be allowed to do it. Those that believe there are "woman's" and "man's" roles need to grow up and leave behind the despicable legacy of the patriarchy within the Abrahamic religions. Some of the views on here appear to be as a direct result of this.

I can recall the dreadfull whohaa after we got the first females flying military aircraft and then that they should only fly the supporting missions on multi-engine aircraft. Then they were allowed rotary and finally fast jet. One of the best fighter pilots I ever flew with on a squadron was a woman and then I have had the pleasure to know a female helicopter pilot with a DFC. Having females in the Regt will be just fine as long as we weed out the unfair discriminators and the bullies. I would be proud to serve alongside any woman that is capable of doing their job - as long as we don't witness positive discrimination in the female's favour then everything will be just fine.

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 15th Jul 2017 at 19:15.