PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blagging it into 1st/Business class!?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 22:01
G-DESK

Starry-eyed surprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When flying back from JFK a few years ago on a full fare Club World ticket I was delayed for 24hrs due to mechanical failures, ATC computer problems etc. When a flight was finally going to leave I was told with profuse apologies by the ground staff that the only seat available was in economy and I could choose to take that or wait for a later flight. I took the economy seat and found myself in the back row between a puking toddler and a senile elderly woman, oh what joy. About an hour into the flight I decided to take a stroll around the aircraft to escape the smell of vomit. Who did I encounter in club class but four cabin crew who I had befriended at JFK and who were all travelling on ID90s.

Tightslot et al, I don't know how you can be so against a passenger who has paid maybe hundreds of pounds for their ticket trying to push their luck a bit when you as crew regularly take as much as you can - upgrades, drinks, washbags - in addition to already generous travel perks and cost your struggling industry thousands each year (and this is not a personal attack, I mean cabin crew in general - yes, a sweeping generalisation, but not all that far from the truth for the majority).