PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 15th Jul 2017, 13:48
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by portmanteau
National Transportation Safety Board Aviation Incident Preliminary Report
I did not know this existed, thanks for finding this portmanteau.

Whether AC 759 initiated the go around before or after the ATC call, 100 feet AGL is way too low to figure out they were over the taxiway.

If the CVR wasn't impounded in time, maybe the FDR was. It should have radar altitude data to correlate the descent and go around profiles over the taxiway.

Originally Posted by cactusbusdrvr
I have done many FMS Bridge visuals in the A320 family. You do not have the ILS raw data because it is an FMS approach. You have VASI and the electronic glidepath. You can hard tune the lLS through the RMP but no one ever does.
There seems to be a consensus that most A320 crews wouldn't tune the ILS for this RNAV approach and even if you did, the data would not be displayed unless you switched approach modes.

I'm guessing that the AC A320 may have had old style radio nav without GPS, does this sound right? You often get map shifts from what I've seen, especially down low in places with higher surrounding terrain like SFO and KIX.