PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 14th Jul 2017, 20:39
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVR, Safety Management, & Facts

1. Precise and verified (as verified as possible) facts are not yet in hand - hopefully NTSB as well as TSB will produce. Sorry to be repeating a forum cliche in this sense. Yet this seems to need to be said, not so much because of various differing emphasis by knowledgeable posters about technical details - rather more due to a basic divergence, with some tending to take a view that "the system worked" (my paraphrasing) even despite evidence that the point of collision-no-return was looming imminent - or so it seems. Report, or Reports, we need these.
2. If. If the CVR could have been ditched - and I deplore, hate and loath having to imply fault or blame on the aviators - but IF they made things so that the CVR evidence no longer is available....wow. Big problem. If I were Civil Aviation Czar for a week, I'd get an immediate amendment to anything and everything to prevent this from taking place again (the CVR tamper, I mean).