PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Recruitment Pages
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2017, 10:28
GlenQuagmire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not against it. I am explaining why companies tend not to do it. They are placing the adverts not us. If you were placing an advert offering your pilot services would you say "experienced pilot, require £10k a month to come to work" or would you list what you offer a company and do the negotiation face to face?

If companies don't pay in the bell curve of a competitive salary they won't get pilots who can do the job - Phil knows that as do all other companies. Equally, paying a pilot more than a company needs to in order to secure a long term working relationship is pointless. So the right time to discuss salary is during an interview. Or on the phone before it - done that a few times too.

Phils company retains plenty of pilots so the terms and conditions are reasonable. Pilots who apply to him will do a bit of research and know what they get paid. For my part, the only thing I find unreasonable is paying to receive job info and I haven't done it. So pay for your ad Phil - that way you will see a decent cross section of suitable candidates.