PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 14th Jul 2017, 07:04
JumpJumpJump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
Here is the TSB Canada incident report with the estimates quoted in the media that AC 759 overflew taxiway C for a quarter of a mile before the tower called the go around and they missed the first two aircraft by 100 feet .
Thanks for the document AirBubba.

2 observations from this. I'm not being flippant, I am interested to know the purpose of the "unknown" fields in the document. Can the number of unkown injuries ever exceed zero? What exactly is this field used for?

The part (I paraphrase) "The closest lateral distance bectween AC and any aircraft was 29 feet"... Is that distance between the wingtips or distance from cockpit to cockpit, do we also know whether this distance was between C and 28R or on the other side of C from 28R? looking at the photos and video of a landing on 28R at KSFO, you can see four or five sitinct red lights to the right of the frame, given that the aircraft had already passed "over" taxiway C, was the aircraft to the right and heading to these lights?