PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tigerair fleet change to B737.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2017, 03:19
davidclarke

Received 113 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Nah Willie, I don't think they really are laughing, not even sure if its a factor if they have it or not. JQ may be taking guys from TT with 320 type rating, they still make them do the type rating again regardless. I have had mates start with couple thousand hrs on the 320 at JQ and they were still made to do it all again in the U.K.

SHVC
I have a colleague that went over to JQ from TT and the type rating was fully recognised. They only had to do 4-6 sims from memory then a small amount of line training.

From my understating the deed was put in place to allow VA pilots to come across when there were talks of redundancies. This obviously never eventuated and now VA are 150ish pilots short therefore making the deed null and void. The big kick in the teeth for the contractors is that virgin are currently hiring pilots and that means that the pilots they hire or soon will hire will have seniority in the group over the contractors. This is particularly frustrating for them considering many contract pilots wish to stay on.