PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No need to be an ATO or RTF !
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2017, 10:01
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need to be an ATO or RTF !

Was passed this by PPrune user GLA who has made some posts about Glasgow Airport here: http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...ly-august.html

S/He got in touch with me because their latest posts have been awaiting moderation for a week or so and not appeared on that thread.

So, it appears from the CAA that you don't need to be an ATO or RTF to carry out EASA SEP flight training!

Even though, as both s/he and I read it, ORA.GEN.205 (d) below, doesn't actually remove the need for "the necessary authorisation or approval when required".

AMC1 ORA.GEN.205 Contracted activities
RESPONSIBILITY WHEN CONTRACTING ACTIVITIES
(a) The organisation may decide to contract certain activities to external organisations.
(b) A written agreement should exist between the organisation and the contracted organisation
clearly defining the contracted activities and the applicable requirements.
(c) The contracted safety related activities relevant to the agreement should be included in the
organisation's safety management and compliance monitoring programmes.
(d) The organisation should ensure that the contracted organisation has the necessary
authorisation or approval when required, and commands the resources and competence to
undertake the task.

ps. I decided not to blank out the flying school details, and the airport name since it would be pretty obvious to anyone who the organisations were.

And the CAA have indicated they see nothing wrong with this.

My query is just to see what people think of this, and is it a neat way to have a central ATO "holding company" that could then sub-contract to individual operators and save them a load of CAA fees and paperwork. Bit like the NISA corner shop chains!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CAA1.jpg (135.8 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg
CAA2.jpg (125.9 KB, 76 views)