PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 12th Jul 2017, 17:08
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by underfire
umm..what procedure do you think they were cleared for?
As I've said repeatedly on this thread :

Originally Posted by Airbubba
Not the Quiet Bridge Visual, they were cleared for the FMS Bridge Visual approach to 28R.
Originally Posted by underfire
Where do you see cleared for Bridge visual, especially Air Canada in the US?
It is in the approach control audio clip I cited above, take a listen:

Originally Posted by Airbubba
You can hear AC 759 cleared for the FMS Bridge Visual at about 15:45 into this approach control clip (the time seems to be different depending on the .mp3 player used):

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/ks...2017-0630Z.mp3
This is an 'unpublished' approach that requires specific operator approval. I agree that it mimics the Quiet Bridge but the fact that it is an FMS approach may be very pertinent to the nav setup on an early glass cockpit plane in my opinion.

I sheepishly admit to some Airbus time but I've never flown the A320. On some planes of that pre-GPS era you have to be creative to display raw data and the FMS picture at the same time. Sometimes you get a dotted line that you think may be raw data but in actuality the line is subject to a map shift.

Maybe some AC folks can verify that the FMS Bridge Visual to 28R is in their charts. Back during the glory days Air Canada did their own charts in-house, I don't know whom they use for a vendor these days.