PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2017, 12:56
destinationsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
The grinning goon mentioned in an interview that they would be announcing plans for investment in the autumn. It seemed to be linked to the long mooted commercial development on the north east side of the airport rather than any investment airside though. I have heard nothing about the relief road so can't see any movement happening on that front yet.

It does seem like they really do have the final ultimatum to put their hand in their pocket to ensure the infrastructure is in place to enable the airport to grow. I am amazed that the management team haven't noticed that planes land at their airport on time and leave late 99% of the time and not had the sense to rectify this. Planes having to use the runway as a taxiway is astounding in this day and age especially as it could be fixed by the laying of some Tarmac. Hardly a massive undertaking! SOU and EZY could develop a very fruitful relationship with the affluent south of England on SOUs doorstep looking to do city breaks or hit the beaches or slopes. However the elephant in the room is the fact many opportunities to make investment have already been and gone and that SOU is owned by a pension fund. Their business plan is for a small and steady return. SOU can plod along and meet that target. I will therefore not hold my breath but hope I am proved wrong.
Change the record and state something that is actually factual and not your biased opinion.... Your points became irrelevant and boring a long time ago...

I am interested in knowing your punctuality source!?