PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair for experienced pilot
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2017, 10:10
samca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VJW
In addition and without wanting to sound too cruel, but if your spoken English is anything like your written, you don't come close to having ICAO level 6 English.

I wouldn't blame the grading system too much. Never receiving a grade 5 (fail) is nothing to be proud about. A grade 4 is a fair and not sufficient to be put forward. On a bad day most guys probably get 3's. So if that's your best ever, then while it's minimum there's guys out there getting 2 or 1's every time with better CRM grades. It's been like this since before I upgraded 5 years ago.

While you might scrape minimum requirements, RYR doesn't have the time or energy to waist on someone who might pass when there's plenty who definitely will also waiting. In addition, the poster above is correct, why would a base captain stick their neck on the line for someone they aren't certain will pass. It'd only come back to them and their own skills at putting people forward would come into question. I wouldn't do it.
Sorry about my grammar, yes I know, it is bad. Good thing here it is you catch the message.

I'm not proud of my 4 in one area of the sim, of course not, I'm just saying I comply with the requirement for the 10+ Euros extra, that's all. No more no less. I also have a few 2 (very good) and 3, and just one point with 4. I can wait for going to the CU it is not a big deal but I can not understand why I'm not in a program which you can stay 18 months before going to the upgrade. That's all.

Again sorry for my grammar it is not my native language. I prefer to speak 4 languages, english, Portuguese, italian and Spanish and to have a bad grammar in English instead to speak only English perfectly. I will try to study a little bit more grammar and to improve my level 5. It is gonna be hard but I'm confident will achieve...