PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's everyone waiting for?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 23:11
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by vee1-rotate
I'm sitting here in my office in LA having done the E3 visa 3 times over and every time without fail I've gone to the consulate for my interview, they have asked for proof of degree or 12 years experience. not sure how you got around that one. From visa website:

"U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, 8 CFR 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D), describes the kind and amount of experience which can be used to establish the equivalency of a university degree. As a guide, three years of professional experience may generally be used as a substitute for each year of university-level education. This means you would need to show 12 years' experience in the field you are applying to work in. During their visa interviews, applicants for U.S. work visas should be prepared to provide documentation outlining their work history, education, and training. A consular officer will determine whether the educational and employment information provided meets the eligibility requirements for a U.S. visa."
I personally know 4 pilots in the US on E3 visas without college degrees or 12 years experience.

2 helicopter and 2 airline