PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-Beware
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 22:49
D00dles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is somewhat difficult as a retiree to comment, as I have been out of the loop for some while, but in my 20+ years with group airlines, "loyalty" has changed from a two-way street to one-direction only. My suggestion would be not to make that road too busy at all.

Just like all bonus-driven management, they quickly lose sight of that fact that a happy company is the most profitable one (take John Lewis for example). A shareholder's long view is ignored in favour of short term gains that in the end, prove to be fatal.

I am saddened to hear that out-station colleagues, many of whom I will surely know, are getting the short straw.....again. Even LGW is fast becoming a minor out-station! How did that happen!!!

How can things improve? Well it is a great start denying the laughable pay "offer"! Start getting the boot back on the right foot, never undervalue your professional licence (we wish management were licensed!!!) and recover your status as "Airline Captain" (if you're not one yet, you will be)....rather than just "[Air]bus driver". Say "no" occasionally and NEVER bust-a-gut!

Good luck out there. I wish you all well.

PS. The retirement cheque is pretty small, and in TC there are ZERO, I repeat ZERO perks. So keep on eye on where the best retirement Ts&Cs are. That may just point you in the right direction.