PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should I vote ".For" the Rule Change?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 14:11
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragon,

where are the numbers to back up
your statement?

I look like a fool?

YOU make a claim, YOU have to show the data to proof it.

So, how many did resign this year?

How many last year, the year before, etc?

Of course the absolute number of people resigning is higher today than 10 or 15 years ago, the airline is twice as big now.

All that counts is the percentage.

I am here for more than a decade. I don't see a trend. There were always people leaving, every single year since I joined. I move up the list at a pretty constant rate. Does that make me thick in your opinion? I am a member ot the AOA, and what does that tell me? How many in each newsletter that left? One? Two? Three? 10 would be 0.3 %. 35 would be 1 %. Enough to force the company back to the table?

So, again and again, I want you to be right! I really do! But should I just take your word? And if I ask for data I am too "thick to comprehend"? Do you not see the absurdity of your insult? All I want from you are hard facts. And the best of all, you want ME to do the research? Really?
For YOUR claim?

You claim our attrition rate is higher than elsewhere.

Ok, how do you know that?
What are the numbers elsewhere?

Do you have any statistics from Emirates? qatar? Etihad? Korean?
Easyjet? Jetstar? Air Asia? Hong Kong Airlines?

Teetering at the brink of resigning?Really?
A penny for every pilot that " thinks about leaving". A penny!

ALL but ONE of the MAN guys will come to HKG. ALL BUT ONE.
Wake up!

PS Precisely because of these baseless claims you guys thought we have leverage enough to get a better deal. Precisely because of this hybris you rejected a contract that would safeguard us now until the hedging losses are gone and profits back. And look where we are now. Exactly where I TOLD YOU we would be. Remember last year when a lot of you said the Americans will leave in drones? And? I WAS RIGHT. They did not.

Our job is unique, we don't have an office, we live spread out over the globe, we spend hours with people we don't know. This is the perfect breeding ground for rumors. My aim is to bring some substance into these discussions, to force you guys to look at evidence rather than hearsay and flight deck gossip.

And I am the fool?

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 11th Jul 2017 at 15:25.