PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 16th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 08:32
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a more somber note, after 16 years, we are no closer to dealing with a moral management, a rational flight ops team, or anywhere near 'industry standard' rostering conditions. As a matter of fact, we are faced with a seemingly mindless automaton style of management who believe that the 'ends justify the means'. I don't believe we have a Union leadership that is in tune with the reality of what we are dealing with. I voted for Rod, and I believe his style was necessary to cope with the monster that we confront. Our management has lost any perspective on a long-term future, because the only focus are their short-term bonuses. Hence the layoffs, threats to our conditions and the evident shrinking of the airline. We have to wake up. We have to all come together and realise that without risk to our careers, we won't in fact have a career worthy of the title. Now is NOT the time to show weakness, weariness or fear. Throw EVERY threat back in their faces. Resist EVERY assault on our conditions. Fact: the average pilot cost to CX is now approx 35% of what it was 25 years ago. Let that sink in before you buy their 'we are so poor' line of rhetoric.