PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lack of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 07:24
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All were not given the opportunity to rejoin after winter layoffs. Norwegian took that opportunity to do some cleansing, probably of those previously complaining of crew rostering, non-compliance with the Master Seniority List and operational shortcomings.

It is not acceptable to excuse Norwegian’s past transgressions with a purported “better balanced” current state of affairs. As I have stated, due to Norwegian’s atypical labor scheme, affected individuals, then and now, have no recourse against their “real employer”, the respective Norwegian airline division.

Things may be improving, but this is associated more with Norwegian's pilots and cabin crew recognizing the critical need for union representation with the airline, not their service provider employer. I still cannot fathom why UK based crews pay union dues to BALPA for representation to a staffing agency. Why do members not insist BALPA seek a legal ruling the Norwegian airline is the real employer? - As achieved by Norwegian’s US based cabin crew:

“By the direction of the National Mediation Board, I am enclosing the certification, in the matter of representation of Flight Attendants, employees of Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA” – direct link:

http://cabinassociation.org/wp-conte...ing-letter.pdf

Norwegian has the opportunity to take action against any post I have made. I contacted the owners of this website, Internet Brands, only yesterday.

Back to the topic of this thread; Norwegian’s crew shortages continue, with another flight cancelled and passengers left stranded and distraught, simply by a staff sickness event:

http://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/be...light-13302883

EASA GM2 ORO.AOC 135(a), details the competence of nominated airline Post Holders – and EU 376/2014 details non-punitive safety reporting, a regulation I suggest those flying for Norwegian become familiar.