PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What issues need to be reported in post flight debrief? PPL student question
Old 10th Jul 2017, 20:03
Gertrude the Wombat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sillert,V.I.
If a correctly-latched door came open in flight, I'd report it to maintenance.
C'mon, this was a 152, they do that. Not a big deal, student should have been warned before being sent solo (if it hadn't previously happened in a dual lesson).

That is, not a big deal provided that the student had been briefed on how to deal with it, as people have killed themselves faffing around trying to shut doors unnecessarily whilst their attention should have been on more important things.

Unexpected turbulence, report to instructor, try to work out why it happened, and how to improve the chances of it not being unexpected next time.

Stuff falling out of an aircraft needs reporting, at least to the instructor if not the CAA, surely?

Oh, and, when you've got your licence, if you take passengers in a 152 the passenger briefing includes:

"If your door comes open, do let me know, but don't worry about it. The door is, after all, only there to keep the draught off - it's the seat belt that stops you falling out."