PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2017, 14:44
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EastMids
I think it was fairly clear what he said... 5m possible through the current terminal site, but the with work being done on the airfield infrastructure and space to add more terminal capacity around the corner of the apron, 10m is feasible.
Sure. I did not dispute that the airport could eventually accommodate 10m (with relocation of some of the infrastructure). I was, however, slightly bemused that the CEO of an airport with five based aircraft for scheduled services with an overall capacity of 650 seats (and, IIRC a weekly scheduled flight by a non-based airline) daydreams about 10m passengers. And we should not forget that this rather modest offering has taken five years to achieve and the airport has only been able to attract a single airline as a substantial customer. All the rest has either disappeared quicker than imagined or is from an in-house airline (which opens and cuts new routes at a rate that does not make it appear a lasting success).

Don't misunderstand me. I like the airport, I have used and will continue to use it if something is on offer that suits me (although MST, FMO and CGN were all cut before I could use them...).