PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2017, 10:54
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
On the general subject of Flybe's 'Connections Timetable', and not just as it benefits SEN or not, it would be interesting to know how much take up there is for those flights. Flybe have had such timetables for some time I believe so they must know how useful it is in terms of additional revenue.

Regarding the SEN connections I suppose ABZ, BHD, EDI and BHD might be the most attractive ones out of the 17 connection destinations currently available. I do agree with previous posters who have suggested that SEN-MAN-SOU-AMS or SEN-MAN-CDG-GVA and some others are rather silly but I suppose the algorithms chose whichever are technically possible. Perhaps it needs human intervention to weed out some of them.
Not sure what all the fuzz is about. Booking engines, those by OTAs and those by airlines, have been offering bizarre 2 or 3 stop connections like forever. Some of them are useful, others are not. And sometimes people book such itineraries for strange reasons, e.g. to collect segments or miles to requalify in a FFP, because they simply love flying and prefer a 7hour multi-segment flight to a 7 hour train ride. And sometimes those multi-segment connections can actually be cheaper than more direct flights as time is money for most and nonstops are priced differently than connections.