PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2017, 09:10
milhouse999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Station_Calling
Completely, totally inaccurate.

It happens every day, on most airlines flying out of the UK. There are a few routes that it is much more common on, but no route is safe. It's a sad fact of life nowadays that many people can't distinguish their behaviour from being in a club after having a lot of drinks to being on an aircraft surrounded by children and families. In fact, it's not unheard of for them to come to the aircraft straight from the club, via the airport bar!

That Jet2 is making a stance has seen them in the papers more often as it's a great headline when a flight is diverted, but other airlines are doing it as well. Finally it is becoming accepted that antisocial behaviour on an aircraft is no longer acceptable - nor should it ever have been.
Not to mention the hinderance these kinds of people would be in an evactuation - load of drunks trying to get out? If I had my way if you are intoxicated in any way you should be denied boarding. Train companies are running 'dry services' now for this very reason, I think airlines should follow suit. I fly over 10 times a year and manage to survive without alcohol. If they are determined to 'get on it' then surely they can wait until they get there :-)