PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Army - Delusional About Air Power
Old 9th Jul 2017, 22:18
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by msbbarratt
Harumph. Anyone remember airliners flying into the twin towers in New York?

It was inevitable that the Americans would respond with the utmost vigour to such a provocation. If Bin Laden ever thought otherwise he was seriously deluded. That was the day that at least some countries also decided that one of the most repugnant regimes ever to stain the soil of Afghanistan had to be got rid of, if not for the long term benefit of the people who live there, but for their own too. To have not done anything, to let them get away with it, to leave the source of such attacks undamaged would have been an invitation to carry out more of the same.
Oh I remember because I lost a friend in New York that day.

I also remember the nationality of the country where they were from............ oh wait it is those peace loving Saudi's who fully recognised and supported the Taliban Govt.

Interestingly Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Kuwait have decided to take action on Qatar for the same reason. However Qatar is vulnerable to economic sanctions, Afghanistan was not. If Qatar hangs on for a few months, we'll be looking at a naval blockade in the Persian Gulf just in time to cut off our gas supply by Christmas. Sure, the USN or possibly even the RN could swipe the little corvettes used by SA, UAE aside, but somehow I don't think they will.
Is this the Qatar that supplys UK LNG, who owns major shareholdings in UK, buy lots of arms from US and UK. €12 Billion from US at the moment.
Why are US/UK supplying major Terrorism sponsors.

Isn't it great those peace loving Saudi's....................... what again are they doing in Yemen ? What are their troops doing in Syria ? Libya ? and other countrys are telling everybody about Terrorism.
How much again have they spent in funding their Wahabbi extremism around the world in the last decade ?

Keep drinking the Koolaid if you think Qatar is alone in doing it.