PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bride Killed in Helicopter Crash
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2017, 17:38
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TIMTS
I am repeatedly amused at how most helicopter pilots have this aversion to epaulets/bars, golden or otherwise. Helicopter crashes, pilot wore bars....obvisouly he was a complete imbecile that thought wearing bars made him bulletproof. Really? How many commercial pilots can choose what to wear at work? If you can, awesome...I wish I could. But don't judge people on what they are wearing or are not wearing. Most likely that's one choice this guy didn't have... I have to wear the white shirt, black pants, shiny shoes...and yes...bars. Would I rather wear a polo shirt? Of course. Does it make any difference whatsoever in how I fly? Of course not....
Hi Timts,
you have a point- never the less - experience shows, that more often than seldom, the guys in the little helicopters, who show lack of expertise- step out of their helicopters, wearing shiny bars....
Recall the Formula 1 racings at the Nürnburg Race Course - except for passenger drop off only sloping landing spots.
Had a black trouser and a white shirt as well (no bars so) and enjoyed with my fellow pilots the attempts of the "bar guys", trying to get their Robbie's down.
Only a few of the turbine pilots had bars, but most of the Robbie's....
And it seems, that I'm not the only one charing the same experience....