PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What issues need to be reported in post flight debrief? PPL student question
Old 9th Jul 2017, 17:10
MileHighPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B2N2
Well...
Severe turbulence doesn't come out of nowhere.
Clouds, wind over hills and other aircraft couod have been the reason.
If it was severe enough to pop the door I'd recommend a maintenance engineer has a look at it.
This is why I'm hesitant to fly old(er) airplanes as you never know what hasn't been reported.
No such flight was reported but then I was on basic service and Farnborough seemed overloaded at the time by downgrading Trafic to Basic for others as I heard. I suspect it was a bad patch of air that shook the plane and that happens right on a good weather day as well?

Originally Posted by Airgus
Taimur, report in such a way that someone get a benefit out of your (bad) experience.
Today it was an event, tomorrow a coincidence and next time an accident can be prevented thanks to the reports.
In your case is up to you what to report and how. Be neutral and objective.
CAP 795 my help you as guidance

[I]Hazard identification
A hazard is any condition that can cause or contribute to an aircraft incident or
accident. A hazard identification process enables the collecting, recording, ........
industry trade associations or the CAA Safety Plan.
Safety Reporting
A confidential reporting system should be established to encourage safety reporting. This
should be supported with a just culture providing appropriate protection for the reporter.
This should also include an effective feedback process to the individual and to the wider
organisation where appropriate. This approach should encourage staff at all levels to
proactively report errors, near misses and hazards.
Staff need to have confidence in the just culture and the reporting system. They must
know that confidentiality will be maintained and that the information they submit will be
acted upon, otherwise they will decide that there is no benefit in their reporting.

Have a coffee break with your instructor and explain your concern...
I was thinking that but I also msg my old instructor who's flying to a major airline now as a PIC. He said this has happened before on C152's. I'll definitely have a chat with my instructor tomorrow. Though I don't want to be penalized for not reporting it sooner!