PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2017, 10:02
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip,

Unfortunately I can't agree with your TCX vs DY comparison.

Fares wise, TCX are routinely cheaper than DY on a similar route comparison. Let's not forget a TCX fare includes baggage and meals, DY do not. Sometimes the base fare can be cheaper, but add in the extras.....

Shiny new airplanes? Maybe. But internally both are on par in my opinion.

Global reach? Yes, TCX may not be setting up companies in Bangkok, Norway, Ireland, UK, Argentina and the US, but is that a bad thing? To see the quick and large expansion of DY is alarming, as there is not yet the historics to see if this long haul expansion is sustainable. Would much rather see TCX and their local focus than Incentive chasing easily distracted Norwegian.

Also, as mentioned, TCX has made a deal with FOSUN to give TCX access to one of the fastest growing aviation markets in the world. If that's not ambition, what is exactly? Lastly, codeshares with the likes of SK/BE/DE/LH means that TCX actually has a lot more coverage than you give them credit for.

Chaotic? I'm sorry but TCX hasn't hit the headlines as half as much as Norwegian have? Or are we going to Brush the many issues Norwegian have had under the carpet and pretend they haven't happened?

As said, there is also nothing to suggest DY would give MAN anywhere near the route profile that TCX has. I'd rather the 20 or so long haul destinations that TCX has given MAN, than 2 obscure airports that aim to serve cities they are no where near. TCX really does have more scope than Norwegian can at MAN.

As for people switching to DU from TCX if they came on the scene, clearly you don't know how strong the TCX brand is around the north/North West. There is a reason they seem to be kicking the arse of the likes of AA.

Last edited by LAX_LHR; 9th Jul 2017 at 10:42.