PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2017, 21:37
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by The Old Fat One
The ac name change was entirely predictable and explainable. When she fell out with Artemis they would have insisted on the removal of their logo and branding from the kite.

Her plan/strategy is also becoming clear as is the fact that she still has sufficient funds to continue.

I expect a lowish profile solo completion of the journey, with a ton of stills and footage of her on her Jack Jones in said kite.

Then a carefully repackaged/re-edited film (which appears still at the production stage) during which the whole pprune saga will be presented (as opposed to hidden/denied) with us lot as very much the bad guys who went nuts over some mis-managed press releases.

As we all should know by now, we live in a world where fake news rules if you have the fund and means to make it so.

I'd leave it to Karma to have the last word now, except to say some of you are way too trusting!

QED from me.
I think you have posted a very clear view of what is happening TOFO. There are just a couple of things I would like to add.

What she is doing now is far too little and far too late. She may well be flying genuinely SOLO but hopping from US strip to US strip with a crew following on the ground (most likely in radio contact) is a long way removed from crossing the Timor Sea or the Aussie Outback on your own.

As for her denigrating PPRUNErs who have stood up to her then she is on a hiding to nothing on that score. What has been posted is both factual and flies in the face of anything she has claimed. If she wishes to play it dirty and deflect blame on to us for "misunderstanding" a wayward press release then let her. I am sure mainstream media would be very interested in the videos of her making the false claims long after it was raised as an issue. Add to that her reluctance to answer any of the genuine questions that have been raised about how the early flights were conducted.

As for having funding. This is not her money, it has come from wealthy investors hoping to benefit from the glory and also from rich old men beguiled by her charm. Early ATC recordings show TCT working with a helicopter at Santa Monica on a filming flight. Its c/s is N80WW. This helo is registered to LAUREN2GO Inc. I shall let you do your own digging on that company but the conclusions I draw are that there has been a concerted effort to involve West Coast individuals who have some serious media connections.

In any of the fake news situations it will always be the whistle-blower who is blamed and accused; I think we can safely stand by what we have said.

To be clear I have nothing against women, I have nothing against women pilots, I have nothing against successful women; I do however have a very strong dislike of those who lie, cheat, manipulate and connive for their own gains all under some wonderful "outreach" mask: Irrespective of their gender or background.