PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Treatment of employees by EK
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2017, 17:35
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OR

Apart from a few anal exceptions, the majority of Captains here are quite happy to allow visits on the ground. Some may or may not allow photos, that's their prerogative. And many will allow a kid, big or small, to sit in the seat with hat on or off. It's called PR and the Company knows full well the value it has on the 'customers'.

For the record, several years ago during an extended delay, we accepted multiple visits before departure. The offer was well received by the crew, passengers and Company. They know it happens. Maybe you just succumbed to the perceived fear factor that pervaded this Company when you worked here? I'm sure you're very happy at JET2 but your constant little digs at your previous employer smacks of someone trying desperately to justify their leaving.

As for the article, same sensationalism from the Daily Mail. She was treated like a criminal when "I had to hand in my ID and Passport". It's standard procedure to hand back your airport ID when you leave employment, or did she expect to keep it? The passport was needed to cancel the UAE Visa. As for her accident, who knows the full truth but on probation, she's pissing into the wind!

Time to move on.

Harry