PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA ATPL Flight Test
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2017, 13:29
manymak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA2000EX View Post
It is all crazy and it's not isolated to Oz. However an ATPL skill test in a multi-crew environment as a PIC... having never been a PIC seems outrageous. But it's hoops and I would probably suggest that whatever era you started flying in, there have always been hoops....
You don't even need to act as PIC! I did the entire thing in the right seat, and whilst ostensibly I was 'in command', I just did everything as per our SOPs and behaved in no way differently than a line flight. The Captain still ran the show as always.

Its a farce, an enormously expensive, redundant and pointless farce. When you read the MOS, the competencies required to be demonstrated between the ATPL flight test and a normal IPC are the same.

Except for taxiing. I had to demonstrate that I could taxi. My aircraft didn't have a tiller on the copilot side. So he made me turn off nosewheel steering and taxi via castering.

If it wasn't for the fact it cost me 5 figures I'd be laughing.
das,

It sounds like you are a current working pilot as you indicated to ran with your companies SOP's. Why did you decide to undertake the ATPL test at your own cost? Increased employment prospects or not an avenue possible within your employers training and checking system?....

Serious question.