PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USS Nimitz - Arabian Gulf 1993 - Can you help, please?
Old 8th Jul 2017, 12:52
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
Suggest you send a PM to one or two of the ex and serving USA military pilots who post in the US politics thread in JB.
A tongue in cheek suggestion, perhaps?

Originally Posted by Jayand
Have you tried speaking to the US navy direct?
The US Navy. Quite a large organisation. And they are unlikely to just have a singular email address or phone number for enquiries about crew who might have been on a carrier in May 1993. But thanks for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by Jayand
The Nimitz has its own Facebook page. I'd try there for starters.
Ahhhhh, Facebook. Not an entity with which I am registered, nor keen to engage with, hence posting here on the PPRuNe military forum. That might seem strange to some but, in my humble opinion, Facebook is rather pernicious in the way it operates.

Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
@parabellum some of those folks also post in this forum. While I don't have a lot of contacts with Nimitz (in 93 nor in any other year) the suggestion to hit the Nimitz faceboooook page isn't a bad one.
PPRuNe does seem to have quite a reach, so I am hoping that someone with knowledge of the event I described will see this thread. However, whilst I am not keen on Facebook, you did give me an idea about where else to look and I have found the USS Nimitz Association - I will try contacting them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, folks!