PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 8th Jul 2017, 07:39
Hebog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt any Hunters on the civil register will meet the CAA requirements to be re-issued with a Permit. I doubt any have been stored as per the manuals or any spare engines have been stored correctly either before or after the accident. The cost of a full strip and comprehensive overhaul of the engine by Rolls Royce will be a fortune alone, let alone the cost of an airframe overhaul if you could find a maintenance company wishing to do it and their insurance company covering them to do so.

There are no seat cartridges as any in stock prior to the accident will now be out of date or at least very near to. Unless they can import them from another country but presumably these would be old Martin Baker stock which again would be out of date or if not at least very expensive.

I too am in agreement the only Hunters left flying will be those on a military contract, who are the only ones that have the experience and expertise to service the aircraft correctly and have current pilots.

As for the CAA saying 'This action is a result of the CAA concluding there were no airworthiness issues relating to the Hawker Hunter aircraft that caused or contributed to the accident' - it did contribute as if the maintenance records had not been fudged and the maintenance companies been honest about it not meeting CAA requirements for a Permit to be renewed it would not have been flying on that day. At the end of the day they have committed fraud by falsely declaring the aircraft meet the CAA requirements when it clearly didn't.