PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lack of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 22:00
president

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yeager
For those of you who have never flown for a legacy airline (despite their pitfalls too) - I FEEL SO, SO SORRY FOR YOU. You never went trough a real recruitment process, you never felt the pride of passing "the real thing".. YOU FREAKIN' JOINED the Norwegian. OMFG - so sorry for you ladies.
Haha what a joke. I'm on an average gross salary of around 16.000 euros+pension as LTC. I'm on salary step 4 of 12. I joined the airline 4 years ago as FO. What legacy airline in Europe could provide me with that ? I have been called for interview at SAS but didn't bother to even go there. The first year CPT salary here was better than the highest ever achievable salary there. Plus starting salary as FO was almost double at Norwegian. Sure you've got some perks that I couldn't care less about. I'm in it for time at home and money. The job itself, we can all agree, is THE SAME. You seem proud of you soon-to-be bankrupt legacy carrier. Feel free to have an opinion. But judging an airline job by the tail logo shows that you are either 22 years old or just incredibly stupid. I guess you are one of those idiots posting pics of yourself at work on Instagram and wearing company merchandise at home because you think it's cool. It's not. BUT if that makes you happy, good for you. So don't waste your time feeling sorry for us... We are doing more than ok here :-)

Last edited by president; 7th Jul 2017 at 22:13.