PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's everyone waiting for?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 21:49
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Kenny
Applications to the legacy Carriers only ask if you have the legal right to live and work in the US. Now as far as I'm aware, this E3 visa allows you to apply for Permanent residency, i.e., a Green Card. I don't know at which point you can apply (the H1B visa allows you to apply for your GC as soon as you get the visa) but you used to be issued a temporary residency permit until your GC is issued, which covers the legal right to live and work part of an application.

In other words...yes. As long as you have or are applying for a green card.
To add to what Kenny mentioned above, E3 doesn't allow you to Adjust status to a green card, unless of course you marry a US citizen.

There's some debate whether a wholly owned regional with a flow to mainline will allow an E3 to flow to mainline, the contract language at the AA wholly owned regionals don't really specific one way or another. Though I would bet money ALPA will jump on it and not allow an E3 visa holder to flow through.

As for applying off the street no legacy carriers are supporting E3 visas as there's absolutely no reason to with the abundant supply of suitably qualified regional/military/corporate applicants