PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WATERFORD Airport
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 20:20
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As previously reported by Fora, the recently-founded airline announced last month that it was bringing the first commercial flights to the regional airport in a year.
However, shortly after it started taking bookings, state-backed agency CAR told it to stop selling tickets because it had not obtained the necessary tour operator licence.
CAR said it issued a letter to Aer Southeast to cease trading “as soon as the commission became aware that (the airline) intended to arrange and offer for sale a new service”.
It's one hell of a balls-up, what professional airline would commence selling flights without a licence to do so?

Previously I referred to it as a schoolboy project but let's upgrade that to it being a one-man show, what I note is that there is only one spokesperson for the airline, the CEO, never such personnel as a commercial director, a head of flight operations etc., it's clearly a one-man show and if he's ignorant regarding licenses what else is he ignorant regarding, maintenance, minimum equipment lists, flight and duty time limitations etc?

Even if and when this outfit get airborne I certainly wouldn't fly with them, even Manx2 & CityWing had their licenses in place and just look at how bad they were!