PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 19:21
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree entirely with the comment regarding the current strategy, thats assuming there is one! Its becoming ever more apparent that it just might not be working in the anticipated manner. The question is what to do about it? Keep going under the illusion that it is simply another part of this exciting time or face reality and come up with a Plan B, quickly!

I wonder what projected figures were presented to the new owners and what will the adjusted ones be.

Perhaps Harbour had become complacent and now Ryanair has arrived and really shaken the market Harbour management might just be regretting the decision not to pursue the runway extension from a few years ago. Its quite ironic that the battle they fought was seats for sale, probably totally unnecessary now!

A runway extension and more realistic opening hours would go a long way to attracting new business, providing of course Aldergrove don't let their pet concerned residents groups of the leash again. Whatever happened to Belfast City Airport Watch? I miss them spouting nonsense on the local news, it was quite entertaining.