PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quandary about SSRI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 18:39
FlyVeryHigh-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there. It's good that you are open and honest about your condition and i'm glad you're getting the help you need.

I'm not a doctor, but know of alternatives to SSRI's, and so there might be some things you could discuss with your doctor. There are things like St.Johns Wort and 5-HTP that you can take, which are over the counter herbals and supplements respectively. 5-HTP boosts (or is said to) serotonin levels in your brain; although it doesn't cure depression (although neither do SSRI's), they merely make it more manageable. I've heard of people taking SSRI's etc, which make it more manageable to the extent where they can receive other treatment like CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which works for some people with Anxiety/Depression. Online CBT can be accessed from a site called MoodGym (they're based in Australia). Other things like a high omega 3 diet, getting plenty of sunlight, surrounding yourself with good people and meditation are also said to help.

Not sure what you're standpoint is in a Class 1 perspective, but I know a lot of people with Anxiety and Depression and can only advise on help managing your condition - although everyone is different - but if it helps then thats excellent.

Best wishes through your recovery