PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Lack of Pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 14:59
Yeager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A and C
Thirty five years in the flying business and five + with Norwegian and it is the whole business that I am sick of, Norwegian is slightly above par for the game with there being a number of operators I have worked for who are a lot worse.

They are certainly not helped by their unusual employment model but that being said they have lasted a lot longer than the last two companies I worked for so from a personal point of view at least my bank account is ahead of the game.

Most of Norwegian's detractors have never worked for the company, Captainplaystation I have some sympathy for as he was around for a while but was a victim of his own Internet opinions , Bondi however was only with the company for a month or so and irregularities had been found in his career history and so was asked to leave.

On the whole I think the Norwegian management are deeply aware of the mistakes that they made a few years back when they laid off pilots over the winter as this decision has come back to haunt them and cost them far more than it saved them.

So to sum it all up in a business that is not what it once was Norwegian is slightly above average in terms of T's & C's and a long way from being bad place to work, but to put it into perspective it is NOT the dire place that it's leading detractor would have you think.
For those of you who have never flown for a legacy airline (despite their pitfalls too) - I FEEL SO, SO SORRY FOR YOU. You never went trough a real recruitment process, you never felt the pride of passing "the real thing".. YOU FREAKIN' JOINED the Norwegian. OMFG - so sorry for you ladies.