PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bride Killed in Helicopter Crash
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 14:07
Hughesy

What I mean by "poor bugger" is he got himself into a situation that would have been terrifying.
IT can happen to anyone of us, and if you say it can't then your bull****ting yourself, or have never worked in an area where the weather can change in a blink of an eye. It has and will catch even the most cautious, intelligent and experienced pilots out.
It can happen with client pressure, personal pressure.
There has been a lot of inadvertent IMC accidents.

We don't know the whole story, just the end.
The weather at departure and destination could have been perfectly fine. Enroute he encountered some poor weather, with client pressure to get there " lets go a little bit further", its ok so far just a bit worse then I was expecting "I really should back but the weather is meant to be good at site"
Little bit further and boom, IMC. Freaking out he may have got himself completely in cloud and before he knew it he was completely stuffed. The way he was flying his gps he was doing the best he could. Given the dire situation.

These are my thoughts only.

He may have had tons experience, he may have been a low time guy.
Its a lesson for everyone here, low time and high time. if you VFR stay away from cloud. Leave the IMC flying to the IFR pilots.
It much nicer enjoying the scenery then white.

The poor bugger, and I use that term cos inside he would have been panicking.

Worst video i have seen, as above I agree. Sickening.