PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoe Lift Airport Security UK
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2017, 08:45
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who pulled your chain? I deserve nothing but will object to and react to poor manners, attempts at bullying and intimidation. I treat people the same way as they treat me. I also comply with each and every request. But my overall experience of UK security staff is negative. I object to being shouted at, I don't like bad manners, being treated like an idiot, being lied to and overall being treated like scum. Now bearing in mind their primary responsibility is to ensure only bone fide passengers and persons with a valid reason to be airside pass their checkpoints and are not carrying anything they should not, I do not think they do a good job. This thread started because their poor reputation extends to such a degree that people who have medical requirements are worried their appliances and medication may be confiscated.

If you want to see charming security staff, go to Norway and Sweden. Here, they typically treat everybody with respect and courtesy and that it is reciprocated. This also results improved security as they are considered friends rather than foes. Doing so also enables the security staff to concentrate more on the person in front of them. At the same time members of the traveling public also buy into theirs and everyone else's security.