PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2017, 07:22
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't have an issue with MAG security, I suppose it's down to personal preference really. It just seems to me that some see security as some service designed for passenger convenience, and should be setting speed records for getting through, when it's not. It's there to screen bags and people, and the faster you do that, the more chance you have of missing something. I was always taught a rushed job usually means a sh*t job. They need to do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

IB's comments were purely aimed at calling out over zealous officers and just assumed they made a balls up of the incident yesterday. My point was that the police and army also deemed this bag suspicious enough to warrant the level of response. So, clearly wasn't down to one single security officer, but many professionals were also in agreement.

It seems MAN security can't win sometimes. They get lambasted for false alarms, but I bet they would have been really blasted if this was a real threat and had got past them.......