PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF NCA or remain a civi ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 03:36
TAC Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finals21left
NCA is a good job, in all its different trades. It can be rewarding, challenging and you can go round the world staying in nice hotels.
BUT!
It is also extremely hard work, I work longer hours with less time out of work than I ever have, The notion of aircrew starting work at 10:00 and knocking off at13:00 is I’m sad to say I thing of the past. If you get through selection and then all the courses and then through your OCU you will still be working for the rest of your career keeping current and up with the latest rules and regulations.
You will be sent to some absolute godforsaken places in the world and have a thou rally miserable time and when you return, your thanks will be some crap duty or other similar puerile job just to say thank you for all your hard work.
The life of swanking around the world and staying in hotels is a steadily declining bonus on my current fleet and is not much of a player on rotary.
BUT
Don’t let that put you off; I thou rally enjoy my job. I will add that I am slowly loosing it with other people who it seams sole task in life is to interfere and penny pinch. But I know that life out side is not all a bed of roses. I find this life very rewarding and I constantly have to think on my feet. (Yes before you all start it because I’m a bit slow).
If you want a challenge and something a little different and are willing to work hard every day until you leave then go for it. I have found that no matter what job you do their will always be people who will but It down and moan about how much they hate it and how its not as good as it use to be.
Life is what you make of it and the job is always changing, do what you want to do and see where it takes you
Good luck in what ever you decide.

All spelling mistakes are because I can’t spell.