PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF NCA or remain a civi ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2003, 03:31
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Finals

Too much to do with too few resources. The ever increasing temptation from senior management to cut safety corners to get the job done and therefore look good in the process.

The recruiters talk a good story, but when it comes down to it the RAF pays lip service to almost all of its current management strategies.

Morale is EXTREMELY low but people soldier on. They get through the daily grind by whinging. The working environment throughout the whole of the RAF is pretty poor.

As you can see from the news, the MOD is not a good organisation to be working for at any level. There are major quality of life issues that need to be addressed. Even now the pathetic adverts on TV show great opportunities for sport. Not so I am afraid!!

Take my advice and seek a career elsewhere. I am regarded as being a cynic and disloyal for leaving. But after 28 years service, 15 as NCA I decided that the job was no longer worth doing, even for £45 k per year. The money is brilliant but for that money you get a lot of sh*te on a daily basis.

Bottom line, it used to safe, it used to fun, and it used to be a pleasure and an honour to work for the RAF. Today it is none of these and truly, the lunatics are running the asylum!!

Find a job with real prospects!!
Above all be happy!!!