PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash near Mt Gambier
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2017, 03:54
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dexta
I 100% agree Lead Balloon, I think the problem lies with some pilots that they do not have a clear-cut go/no-go plan in their heads, they look out and think, "yeah, I can make that". On the roads you have a sign with big black numbers with a bright red circle telling you "this is the speed limit", a driver can of course go slower than the limit, do the limit or choose to exceed the limit, no power on earth can control the choice a driver will make. A VFR pilot also has to make a choice, but either through lack of training (VFR minimums drummed into them), lack of experience (gee I almost died then! I'll never do that again) or lack of responsibility (I'll do what the heck I want) they still fly into situations where they end up in IMC. Certainly more regulations are not the answer, clearer regulations maybe?
I guess some action will be taken by the authorities because as we know all Australians need a regulation before they can choose to obey, ignore or work around it.
Hmmm... Dexta i'm wondering what the "authorities" will be 'actioning' about? Working with your road scenario - I see you racing down a fog bound road barely able to see past the bonnet and you with the firm belief the road is straight in front of you. It may very well be so, though the road may have a few turns as well. Jumping in and suggesting that the authorities will need to regulate, before we even have a final accident report to 'clear the fog from the road', suggests a "lack of training" to me.