PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2017, 05:55
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01475
I did think Ryanair were getting closer to EasyJet levels of acceptability. You're right; it's a shame they've stepped back :-(
I agree. It has taken them quiet a while to rebuild a newer caring customer reputation.

Ryanair have overnight, destroyed the good reputation they've been attempting to build.

In the short term I think it might result in increased purchasing of allocated seats.

However, in the medium to long term, I think customers will think twice about using Ryanair in the future.

I know from my own personal viewpoint the only time I'll ever use them is literally for a quick flight, with no checked luggage or cabin bag, perhaps a laptop but that's it. I will never use them to take the family on a holiday. The cabin tannoy is none stop broadcasting of sales promos and instructions in badly broken English often unrecognisible communications to the cabin as pax all look at one another in puzzlement at what latest cabin announcements the cabin crew are eager to shout out. Listen out the next time you fly Ryanair. Count how many announcements are made on your flight and divide them into cabin safety and sales / promo announcements. It's non bloody stop. Your head hurts with the broken English crap they bang on about as you enjoy your middle row randomly assigned seat.

All that said, at the end of the day it's a business, a very successfully run operation and really that's what the execs in there are almost about, growth, revenue, cost savings, shareholder value, etc. Customer experience is somewhere on the list of KPIs but I suspect it's low compared to other KPIs.