PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oz Jobs 29.08.03
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2003, 23:22
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK 404 you win. But I must admit I still cant understand why the requirements there are so high? As you say, must be the Goverment or something.

You see 404 I dont know if you kow about the Darwin or Top End market, But the requirements there are much lower and yes they have the Government clientel aswell. Even Chief Ministers etc., as they dont have a VIP Jet or King Air like QLD.
Lefthandrock thrower and Penetrator are on the right track. You can lower minimums if you increase your premiums and shop around. Even get down time insurance which alot companies dont get either.

Bye the way, the company you refer to that has the 3000 hr requirement to fly all there aircraft, not just the C206, was because a young lady with a bare CPL crashed there C210 into a cane field when she ran a fuel tank dry. This happened at least 8 years ago and as far as I know they have never had a problem getting knew pilots.
Well that isnt a one off. I would luv to have a dollar fro every GA accident around the place. Surley the insurance companies know this. So are you saying after this one accident this company had 8 YEARS AGO, dictates its insurance rates. I would shop around for a bit longer and get some other quotes. If thats the case then alot more companies would be under pressure. Because theres been alot of those accidents in the last 8 years.

Well 404 I hope because that the company you say pays lower Premiums, that it pays its Pilots decently? Somehow I bet not.

You definitely have a chip on your shoulders, don’t you? Just to make it clear because you obviously haven’t looked at my profile, I don’t live in Cairns anymore. Haven’t for a number of years. You also obviously have no idea how the insurance industry works either.
OBVIUOSLY

Take Care Mate

No hard feelings. Hope your getting a fair days pay for a fair days work. I ve read your pretty profile its glorious, well done son.

Last edited by Sheep Guts; 2nd Sep 2003 at 23:34.